Watching Time: The Unauthorized Watchmen Chronology
Author: Cronin, Brian
Publisher: Hasslein Publishing
Condition: Used: Fair
Reading copy with considerable wear. May have marking in text. Binding may be cracked; all pages present. Does not include dust jacket. We sometimes source from libraries. We ship in recyclable American-made mailers. 100% money-back guarantee on all orde
In 1986, the comic-book world experienced a profound paradigm shift, thanks to writer Alan Moore and artist Dave Gibbons. Gone were the long-held notions that crime-fighters always did the morally right thing for the intellectually right reason, that heroes and villains were rigidly defined constants, that good always prevailed over evil, and that happy endings were a foregone conclusion. In their place, there was Watchmen.
With DC Comics soon to bring Watchmen's characters into its mainstream continuity, and with a Watchmen TV show reportedly in the works, it's time to reexamine all that has come before. Watching Time: The Unauthorized Watchmen Chronology contains:
- A detailed history encapsulating every known event from all corners of the Watchmen franchise, including not only the better-known tales, but also viral videos and websites, trading cards, unproduced scripts, and other ancillary sources.
- A mini-"crimeline" summarizing the crimes and heroics of masked crime-fighters and supervillains throughout Watchmen history.
- A foreword by noted comic book guru Brian Cronin, whose thousands of meticulously researched articles have enthralled comics fans for years.
- A nostalgic essay by Duy Tano, creator of the popular blog The Comics Cube, explaining why Watchmen is simultaneously dated and timeless.
- And a gallery showcasing nearly 250 covers from the Watchmen comics, trade-paperback collections, DVDs, Blu-rays, reference books, and video games.
Designed both for fans new to Watchmen and for those who can identify Hooded Justice's parents, Ozymandias's four islands, Silk Spectre's favorite crooner, Mothman's family butler, and Rorschach's breakfast food of choice, Watching Time tells you everything you need to know about the history and characters of Alan Moore's Hugo Award-winning epic.